Thursday, April 12, 2007

Current GEF Activity

Since I have been watching GEF progress closely, I got a nice surprise lately with a lot of Bugzilla activity. Even though the project plan still doesn't really contain any real detail, its nice to see bugs targeted at 3.3 milestone builds, as well as the final release. While I realize that this doesn't mean they will get fixed, its definitely a start. Thanks to the GEF Lead for taking the time to put this in!

For some reason, the GEF project seems to have really dropped in popularity over the last year - at least judging by the newsgroup activity and lack of project activity. As part of the community, I can take some blame for this since I haven't submitted any fixes. My 3.3 resolution is to find at least 1 bug for which I can provide a patch. I strongly encourage anyone interested in GEF to do the same!

Here is the list of bugs currently targeted at 3.3 if you're interested in helping.

No comments: